Sunday, December 14, 2008

OH Christmas Tree!

A tradition that my family has is collecting pieces for a Christmas Village. My Grandma on my dad's side started it and all of her kids have one and I decided to start one when I got married. Ever time we go somewhere we look for a piece to add to our village. The other tradition that goes along with this is that the village is displayed under the tree. This is the first year that my village is big enough to go under the tree. I thought long and hard about whether to do this or not because of little two year old hands but I decided that we would give it a try and if it became too big a problem we could move it. It has been up since Thanksgiving weekend and so far so good. Mariska is more interested in the balls on the tree than she is in the village. She likes to look at it and I have only had to tell her twice to not touch.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Pretty tree! Your village set is beautiful too. I think it looks nice under the tree.