Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Reason of the Season

Sometimes I feel that I get a little lost in all the commercial aspects of Christmas. This year I tried really hard to remember or Savior and his birth. I did really well until Christmas Day. I had expectations that Mariska would want to open presents and would have fum doing it but it took us hours to get her to open her presents and then we ended up opening the last ones for her. I couldn't believe how I felt about that. I know she is only two, and now I look at it at laugh, but that day I had a hard time with it. I was moody all day and it wasn't until we had Friends and family for dinner that I really started to feel the way I thought I should feel on Christmas Day. Then as I was putting Mariska to bed and we were saying prayers I realized that I didn't really remember my savior on the day that I should remember him the most. Mariska knows who he is and it is such a neat experience to see your child point and say Jesus when ever she sees a picture of him. I don't do this very often but it is important to me. I am truly grateful for my savior. I love him with all my heart and I know I would not be were I am today without him. I look forward to being with him someday and am so glad that he and my Heavenly Father are there to pick me up in my times of struggle and need. I want you to know that I have a testimony of our Savior and his Gospel. I am grateful to family and friends who are there for us and who love us. I love you all and I hope the rest of the holiday season treats you well.

No comments: