Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just One Of Those days

So Monday I went to the Doctor and found that the progress we had been making with the baby moving down into the birth canal had been reversed. I felt so depressed. My mom is coming today and I wanted so badly to have a baby by the time she got here. Well, I tried to be positive and I think what I ended up doing instead was suppressing feelings that should not have been suppressed. I slept lousy Monday night and woke very grouchy on Tuesday. Riska didn't get the amount of sleep that she needs to have a good day so we were at each others throats all day Tuesday. The best part of the day was when I got out of the shower. John was on the phone with the cell company and Mariska was quiet as can be. I hollered for her and she said "I'm in mommy's bedroom." I asked what she was doing in there and she replied, "Eating M and M's." I have acid reflux when I am pregnant and chocolate really sets it off so I had a regular bag of M and M's in my night stand that I was saving for after the baby. Mariska the little stinker ate the whole bag. I completely lost it. I sat on the edge of the tub and sobbed. John came in worried that something was really wrong and when he asked all I could say was "Mariska ate my M and M's!!!!" I wish I was lucid enough to actually see his reaction to my emotional outburst. It had to look pretty funny. A grown women crying over candy. I laugh now because it is funny. It just didn't seem funny at the time.Oh the things that will put us over the edge.

No comments: