Friday, January 22, 2010

Mommy Moment #5

I have a sister and a sister-in-law who are (along with my mother) extremely talented seamstresses and I am envious. I really struggle with the sewing machine. I wish I could just sit down and whip up a pair of jammie pants, but I cant. I know if I practiced I would get better but there is always something on my list that is more important. As I grew up my mom made almost all of my high school dance dresses. She made all of our Easter Dresses and I knew that someday I was going to have a little girl and would want to do the same thing. Easter is just around the corner and I find myself torn between buying Mariska a dress or sitting down and trying to figure out how to make one. This has been a cause of stress for me in past years. So mommy moment for today is.... I will continue to try and make things with the sewing machine, but I am going to buy the Easter outfits and save myself from the tears of them not turning out the way I want them to. I will not stress out about it and I will not regret the time crunch of finding a dress for my daughter (like I did last year when I remembered a week before Easter that I had not made Mariska an Easter dress.)

2 comments:

nr said...

I want to make easter clothes too!!!! Have fun shopping! Wish that I was up there so I could either go shopping with you or could sit and help you sew. Love you!

Lore Smart said...

Loved looking at your blog Chantelle. Little Jack is so cute. Thinking about you and your cute family!