Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

This was the first year Riska has been to a pumpkin patch. We went with her preschool class and had a blast! Riska was so excited to pick her very own pumpkin. We kept it in the kitchen on the counter when we frist brought it home but I ended up moving it because it would disappear. i would always find on the top bunk of Riska's bunk bed. Hmmmm. I am still wondering whether she actually climbed up the ladder with the pumpkin in her arms, or threw it up there. Would have been a site to see either way.
It was nice having some one on one time away from the house with her. She is such a little character.
The Pumkin Patch had a pyramid built out of straw bales. It was big! I was very impressed with all our kids. they were so excited to climb it and even more excited when they got to the top.
I couldn't beleive we got all the kids to line up and stay at the top so we could get pictures.
I will be honest I wanted to do the corn maze. I was a bit disappointed when we arrived at the straw maze instead. I get it. They are little but I would have gone with her. She did have fun trying to find her way back out.
Mariska's school class plus 3. She loves the kids in her class. I do too. They are a fun little group.
I thoroughly enjoyed teaching the past two weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we took our kids to the pumpkin patch also. We walked through the automatic sliding doors, went around the pie display and to the produce section at smiths, then climbed on the fence surrounding the pumpkins... ok so our pumpkin patch was reallt just a bunch of pumpkins being sold at the store, but the kids still had fun picking their own pumpkins!!!

Jolie said...

not a very racially diverse preschool class, eh? ;-) Just a bunch of blond hair/blue eyed kiddos.
I bet you did an outstanding job teaching. You're really really good at that kind of thing.