Sunday, July 6, 2008

I hope you all had a wonderful Forth of July!!!! We had a busy day but it was a lot of fun. Mariska got to hang out with her cousins and we had Jolie (good friend of mine) along with her mom over for dinner. We were going to go hiking that morning but it rained the whole night before so we decided to skip it. We went to a wonderful breakfast at the ward the morning of the forth. I was asked to lead the music and it was a lot of fun to see Mariska copy her mom. She has started leading whenever music plays anywhere. It is really cute. Friday night was the first night John hasn't had to work so we decided to stay up late watching movies. We watched Jumper and 27 Dresses. We stayed up until 2:00. I am not sure if that was such a good idea now but it was a lot of fun. We got up yesterday morning and took Aurie with us to go shopping in Yakima. I don't think it was as great as she thought it would be. We didn't get home from Yakima until early evening but because of how long the day was it seemed so much later and I will tell you Mariska's bed time could not come soon enough. She was one tired booga. I think we caught a little bit of a bug because stomach aches have been a little problem for us the last couple of days. We came home from church a little early today because Mariska and Aurie were feeling a little under the weather. I laid down on the couch and John went back to bed in the bedroom. I am not sure when Aurie went to bed because she had fallen asleep on the couch, but we all slept for 4 hours. I guess you could say we all needed it. I find incredibly funny that Aurie was in the room with Mariska and John was in our room with a baby monitor and I was on the other side of the house with Riska's bedroom door closed and no baby monitor and I was the only one that woke up to her yelling "Ma, Ma." I guess it is just the mom in me. John rarely wakes up to Mariska in the mornings.
I am looking forward to going to school tomorrow to find out how I did on my Mid-term in geography. I think I did ok but we will see. That's it for now.

2 comments:

Jolie said...

that's a cute picture of Mariska in her red, white, and blue dress!! was she just getting done playing the star spangled banner on the piano?!?! ;-)

my mom and I had a nice time at your house that night for dinner. good food, good company!!

The Roundy's said...

Hey... Since you don't have your "Memory" post up yet. I'll leave my memory of you here. I remember singing in the car on the way to Alton into hair brushes. You fainting in Alton (That was scary). I remember trying to fit that couch in your apartment in Seattle. I remember parties, get togethers, and lots of fun times. We miss you guys tons.