Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rough week

So it has been an incredibly rough week at our house.John has been getting ready for finals, building a bridge, and preparing for an eight hour test he has to take on Saturday. Plus Jack has had RSV and Bronchitis, and he just cut his first tooth yesterday. Riska caught some version of what Jack has and so to say the least I would very much like this week to be over and never replay itself again. :) On the positive side of things I got a lot done. I made Cherry Pie filling, rearranged furniture and deep cleaned the living room and two of the bedrooms. Oh and I did all of the laundry. Yeah for clean clothes!!!! Back to the not so positive parts of the week. Last Friday Jack woke up with a really nasty cough. He had a low temp and was a little fussy. I called the doctors office to see if they could see him. I called first thing that morning and still had not heard from them by three, so I called and asked to talk to the triage nurse. When I told her what was going on she told me "you know you really should have called early in the day." When I told her I did and was waiting for the doctor to get back to me she decided to get us in with the on call doc. As John put it "I would rather let my sick dog die than take it to Doctor Vaughn" (On call Doc.) The doctor saw Jack said that there was nothing wrong with him. When I questioned further about the coughing and the fever he again said that Jack was fine and probably had a little cold. i asked about Jack's congestion and he said that it would go away in a day or two. Let me just say that last weekend was a little scary for me. Jack got progressively worse as the weekend went on and by Sunday night I knew there was something more going on than a little cold. I was up all night with Jack and as soon as the clinic opened I called and asked to talk to our doctor or his nurse. They were both with patients so I left my name and # and asked for a call back asap. When Debbie our nurse called me Jack was having a moment and Debbie heard him in the back ground and told me I needed to get him to the clinic right then and that Jack didn't sound good. So I drop Riska off at Anna's and took Jack to the Doc where we find out he had RSV Which caused bronchitis. FUN!!!!! For the last week we have been using a nebulizer (machine that turns liqued into a gas) and Jack is doing much better. He got his appetite back and is starting to get back to a somewhat normal schedule of sleeping. I am so glad things are getting back to normal.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Sometimes when it rains, it pours!! God must really believe in you guys to be throwing so much at you all at once. ;-)
Some day you'll be able to look back on all this and laugh. Trust me, you will. !!!