Sunday, August 15, 2010

Construction!!!

This last week the kids and I did a bit of traveling. We drove to Portland on the 2nd to pick up my Aunt and her boys from the airport. We drove them back to Portland on the 9th when they were going home. Then we went to Ellensburg for a couple days to visit with family and Friends. My kids are pro's at traveling! It is 3 1/2 hours from our house to Portland so the entire trip would be about 7 hours plus stopping. The way to Portland on the 9th was fine no problems the way back home was another story. Traffic started to back up as i was passing a sign that said Road construction in 14 miles. It was stop and go with a lot more stopping than going. Finally came to a sign that said "Construction next 15 miles." It took us 1 hour and 45 min to go 30 miles. That was brutal. But we made it and we stopped at the Dalles Dam for a break and a treat. Like I said my kids are pros at car rides.

1 comment:

The A Family said...

Lucky! Mine are pills! I can barely stand the 3 1/2 hour drive to my in-laws in Idaho!