Monday, May 31, 2010

Books and Songs

To help encourage good behavior at home I had to come up with something a little different for Mariska. Very few things phase her. Timeouts do not work and taking toys away doesn't seem to work either. One of the only things that really works is to take away books we read and songs we sing during our bedtime routine. She loves to read books and sing songs. So to help track it I made this poster.
The little girl at the top is Riska.
There is a piece of Velcro on each book and on each music note. The red packets at the bottom store the books and notes when they are not being used. I am working on her name to go in the blank spot at the bottom of the poster.
Riska starts with two books and two songs everyday with plenty of opportunities to earn more but when bad decisions are made we also take them away. So far it has been doing wonders for her.
Thank you Gail for letting me use your awesome Cricket. Made this so much easier than it would have been. You are the best.

2 comments:

Account of the Condie Clan said...

That is such a great idea! I wish that would work for us. My kids like books a lot also but depending on when they go to bed we have to adjust how many books they get anyway. If they go to bed late (not their fault) then we read only one book or just scriptures. Sounds like you found just the thing for Riska though. I hope it continues to work for you. You are so creative!

Unknown said...

I love it! I have so much fun using the cricut that I have here! It is the coolest invention ever!!!!!Great idea for Mariska to lear about consequences too! CUTE!